No. All faiths and backgrounds are welcome to live at Barkley Hall. However, you must be able to abide by our values as outlined in the handbook.
- Christian values underpin the service delivery (e.g. pastoral care) and policies (e.g. dispute resolution).
- The Office Staff and House Parents are all professing Christians.
- An evening “devotion”, or short Christian message, is shared during dinner.
Parking is available for all residents and guests who are visiting at no additional cost.
All rooms have access to Wi-Fi.
You can tour the Residence Mon-Fri 1-3pm. Contact us to book a tour outside of these times.
- Linen (one pillow, pillowcase, sheets, bedspread and blanket)
- Bed side table
- Study desk and chair
- Disposable plate, cup and cutlery (for temporary use)
Yes, coin operated washers and clothes lines for drying are available for use by residents.
Your accommodation fees include: off-street parking, internet, 12 meals a week (5 cooked evening, 7 self-served breakfast).
Male rooms are on the lower level and female rooms are on the upper level. Common areas are provided for everyone to socialise.
Stuartt & Tamara are the main points of contact for students in the residence. Their support includes social and spiritual care 24/7.
Deakin University – Waurn Ponds Campus, Epworth Hospital, Waurn Ponds Shopping Centre, Leisurelink Aquatic Centre
Yes, there is a bus stop right out the front of Barkley Hall. The bus will take you into or back from Geelong’s CBD and central railway station. For up to date information click here.
Yes. We have a secure bicycle storage facility.